Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Googling Mavarin

I check the site statistics on www.mavarin.com often.  It's interesting what I find.  Traffic isn't heavy (nor do I expect it to be), but certain pages get a fair number of hits. A lot of people find the recommended authors page, either by looking for that kind of page or by searching for literary quotes and/or for specific writers.  The tribute page for my mom gets people looking for people named Funk or Johnson, or for psychologists.  At least one person got there Googling WW II parody songs.  Mom wrote parody songs, and I mention WW II, but the two references don't go together in this case.  Google doesn't care whether such juxtapositions are accidental or intended, so people find themselves on plenty of unlikely or unhelpful pages!

I was a little nervous writing pages about the magic system in my Mavarin books, and about the variety of religious beliefs reflected in that fictional world.  People have found those pages looking for "immoral magic" and for "sample real magic spells." So far, I haven't received any hate male from either end of that spectrum, for which I'm grateful.

Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karen.
A few of those hits on www.mavarin.com were me. :) Nice looking blog, tho the long URL in About Me seems to have done something weird with that rightside column.
Shelly

Anonymous said...

AOL really should make the "narrow" column resizable. Otherwise, there's no way a web page from hometown.aol.com will fit there properly! - KFB

Anonymous said...

Karen,

Interesting about how people can find your website. "Immoral magic"!

Anonymous said...

That should have been a question mark after immoral magic, not an exclamation mark.