Saturday, July 24, 2004

It's nice to be noticed!


The email said, in part:

Dear Member,

Congrats! You have been chosen as a spotlighted member within the Music Community. Your screen name is being featured on a music community page!

Please stop by to view the spotlighted feature at AOL Keyword: Music Talk.


***

Cool! Thanks! (And yes, to follow up on the featured journal entry, the monsoon has started here. No gullywasher, yet, but yesterday I did have to "run and hide [my] head" coming out of the bank.)

The top featured journal on the music page, by the way, is Mrs. Linklater's Guide to the Universe. Her entry on summer music is more succinct than mine. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. Her other entries tend to be longer and funnier. I recommend them heartily.

And while I'm recommending things, here's a shout out to Shelly's Cyber Chocolate, which has had several interesting posts lately. The creator of Wonder Librarian has a number of other blogs, including a couple about writing and one about Mars. You may want to follow some links.

I've already plugged Mumsy's Interactive Haiku (repeatedly!) and The Peach Pages, so I'll move on to Becky Yanagi's Where Life Takes You. She's written some really interesting, moving, and fun entries since I've been reading her journal. Check it out!

There are a bunch more, non-AOL journals I could mention, but for now I'll just direct you to the Other Journals list on the right. John wants to go to lunch.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Karen. That's very cool. And thanks for the mention. Cyber Chocolate has gotten a number of "your blog is being considered... as an Editors' Pick, to be featured at keyword TV Talk, but hasn't been picked. So getting chosen for something like that is a big deal. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug, your majesty! ;-) -B