Wednesday, September 1, 2004

Photographic Evidence of Childhood

Snook's Pond, 1970, w/ Mom on a raft.I feel better now.  I found my missing photo album, the important one, the one I put together myself in 1970-1971. If you're over 40, you probably would recognize the type: black paper tied together with cord in a fake leather cardboard binder, with little corner things glued onto the pages, holding mostly Instamatic photos.  It's missing some pictures, but I'm hoping they'll turn up elsewhere. What matters to me at the moment is that it's turned up again, after much searching of shelves and boxes, the most important documentation I have of my childhood and early adolescence.

I'm adding the photo of Mrs. Nevin's class directly to one of the journal entries that The old St. Ann's, a new communicantmention her.  The ones here are of my mom on a raft in Snook's Pond in 1970 (that's her behind the tree), and me at the door of the old St. Ann's Church on the day of my First Communion in May, 1965. My wedding was exactly fourteen years and one day after that.

Sorry about the obsession.  I'll be done soon.

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, little Bride of Christ.  I found a bag of those little thingies for the corners in a 5&10 in the little town I live in.  I grabbed it up!  Such memories.  I love this series you are doing....keep it up!  

Anonymous said...

Aww! Look at you! My first communion veil had a little crown headpiece that was all seed pearls. I loved it. Used it to play dressup with my friends for years. -B