Monday, May 3, 2004

Good Day, Eh?

I'm having a good day. That sounds dull, not even worth comment; but bear with me. As much stress as I've been under recently, a day of pleasant surprises and actual happiness is noteworthy. Hence, this note.

It started last night (after midnight, technically today), when I checked for my grade in Advanced Accounting.  After my less than stellar performance on the final, I expected a B for the course, possibly a B+.  I got an A.  I was so thrilled I had to wake John to tell him.  He forgave me immediately for interrupting his sleep with the news.

This morning I dropped my car off at the collision service. (I backed into a barrier at a gas station two weeks ago, causing much sturm und drang at home.) The "loaner" car, which will cost only $25 total for the week I need it, is a 2001 Toyota with the collision service's logo on the side.  I was expecting something like a 1978 Capri, a near-junker, so it was a nice surprise.  It drives better than my own car, but the NPR station doesn't come in as well on the radio.

Oh, and I took a chance on a pair of pants yesterday without trying them on, buying the next size up from a pair that didn't fit. The pair I bought fits perfectly.

And to top it off, I remembered this morning that I have one more day to make a dent in my backlog at work before my boss returns from Hawaii.  So I'd better get back to that.

Karen

P.S. I made some additions, corrections and improvements on about half of the character pages on www.mavarin.com last night. Anyone who is interested in material from the books themselves may want to take a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Karen, Congrats on the grade. :)