Tuesday, June 1, 2004

Checking in by Mac

I just looked at this journal on my iMac (AOL for OS X) for the first time in a while, possibly ever. Loath as I am to admit it, this diehard MacUser has been using her Compaq almost exclusively lately, because the Mac isn't portable, or compatible with the UoP web site. So anyway, I went online on the Mac to let Norton update, and checked this journal. What a mess! The font size problems on the entry below this one, which I worked so hard to fix in Windows, are decidedly not fixed in the Mac version of the page. Furthermore, the Mac version of "edit entry" has no text controls at all.

Phooey. The world seems determined to part me from my Mac, simply by refusing to let software work properly on it.

Well, I'll experiment. If I can fix it in Word or Netscape and then paste it back in, maybe it will look okay.

Or maybe the Windows version will end up in 64 point reversed Comic Sans. Who knows?

Karen

No comments: