Meet the New Car...
1994 Eagle Vision TSi 4 Dr Sedan
- Only 61,414 miles on it.
- $4495 plus tax and title. It prices out a little lower online with similar options, but only by about $220.
- V6 with 3.5 liter engine
- Automatic transmission (of course)
- A/C (absolutely necessary in AZ)
- Power Steering, Windows, and Door Locks
- CD player
- Great color: teal, which is a shade or so darker than the Saturn
- Bigger than the Saturn but not a hulk
- Really pretty
- Mostly rave reviews in the online sources I've seen so far.
I think I want it. (Pictures added Saturday as 7:07 PM MST)
Well, I think I just bought it.
First I drove the car. It sounded great, shifted smoothly, and had impressive but intimidating features such as a directional readout and specific temperature settings for the surprisingly powerful A/C.
They ran CarFax for me. It's had one owner and no reported accidents, and has only been driven about 12,000 miles since reaching Arizona four years ago. The recalls on this car model have mostly been about the transmission. This particular car shows no sign of problems in this area.
I put down a $200 deposit to hold it until the insurance thing is settled. I spent the next hour or more signing bits of paper. That's okay. I have three days to return it once I do pick it up. I still have to figure out how to come up with the cash, but I'll manage somehow, assuming the insurance settlement isn't ridiculously low.