Wednesday, April 7, 2004

Silent Night

Last night I went to post a fun little piece on the expression "did good" (hi, Howard!), but AOL's journal posting function was apparently offline.  I'll try again tonight.  Also on tap: another new fictional journal entry, this time from Prince Talber of Londer.  You can see it now. though, on his new page on www.mavarin.com.  I've been posting one character profile a day over there, and he's the latest.

I've accessed Musings from Mavarin from AOL for Mac OS 10, on the latest AOL for Windows, and via the Web (Netscape and IE). It's highly variable.  Sometimes I have text controls, sometimes not.  Sometimes I can paste prewritten text into this box, sometimes not.  This seems to be true even comparing different instances using the same program and computer.  Weird, huh?  The other day I had to retype my Palm Sunday piece from scratch, and partly from memory, when the second entry ran too long.

Which reminds me, this entry is probably long enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The journals have been wonky since the upgrade early Tuesday as the beta testing is over and the revamped journals went live. I could only add entries via IM and couldn't edit. Someone suggested going in thru IE and that worked, and then doing it thru AOL worked. Finally. We can do much longer entries now--25,000 characters--so it's been worth the temporary inconvenience, IMO.