Thursday, August 5, 2004

When I was five...

... I was just alive. (from Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne)

This morning before work I rushed to my computer to see Musings from Mavarin on the Editor's Pick list, having gotten a heads-up email last night that it would be there today. (Cool!) Sure enough, this journal was on the list--at number 5. That's one step away from,  in Shelly's words, being a bridesmaid.  I guess I'll have to try harder to be scintillating for you.  Maybe I'd better put off that diatribe I was planning about my feet.

Seriously, though, I'm honored and thrilled. I hope a few of you who find your way here because of the AOL Journals page decide to stick around for future postings, even if one of them is about feet.

The shots of my desk here at work help to explain why I can't be scintillating right now.  I don't have time!  After a full day at work, after cramming in the last of my homework at lunch, after auditing class tonight, then I'll do my best to scintillate for you.

Thanks, everyone, for the congratulations and other kind words.

Karen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your desk looks like mine. I'm sitting here, taking a quick break, from revising timesheets. I don't know of any bigger thrill in the working day, NOT. Congrats again. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making Editors Top Five list. Great journal. Don't know how I missed it.
Barb..

Anonymous said...

Congrats!  I'm so happy for you.  

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Couldn't happen to a better person.

I don't think I'm brave enough to post pictures of my desk. . .

Anonymous said...

Yours is SO much cleaner than mine! ;-)