Friday, July 15, 2005

Haiku as Performance Art

Andrei Codrescu is a poet and blogger who does weird, funny commentaries on NPR's All Things Considered from time to time.  Tonight he was talking about haiku painted on bodies, preferably with brush strokes by the poet that can later be washed off by immersion in spring water.  I would link to the commentary, but www.NPR.org is down at the moment. 

Well, having made a mess on my finger with a 30-year-old washable felt tip, I have resorted to trickery instead.  Here's my virtually wearable haiku:

Now to go wash my finger and head over to B&N!

Karen

NPR / Poet on Call: Haikus Written on Living Skin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love NPR and All Things Considered...ya cheater.   ;)   C.   http://journals.aol.com/gdirneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

Hmm. This is a bit out there...but I seem to remember a movie...ah. Found it in my DVD collection. The Pillow Book. It had poetry painted on skin featured in it.