Monday, July 5, 2004

AOL-J Anniversary Rag

thanks, RYanagi The torch at the left is courtesy of R Yanagi of Where Life Takes You. She's part of a peer-generated celebration of the first anniversary of AOL Journals, often abbreviated AOL-J, which started in July, 2003. I only stumbled into this magnificent time-waster this year, so to all you pioneers, hi there.

AOL Journalers are encouraged to post a torch in their journals as a virtual torch passing around the blogophere, hitting as many real-world places as possible.  The torch has already hit Tucson at least once, but here it is again. There are a number of torch gifs you can use: see Nwanyiomas Journal for some of them, or come up with your own.

Other anniversary doings can be seen on many different journals.  Nwanyiomas Journal has a good roundup of them, but I'd like to single out jcgeorgiapeach, who is collecting Southwestern AOL-J participants and pictures on The Peach Pages, and Mumsy, who is collecting names of folks from elsewhere on Cyberdancing, and giving everyone a chance to contribute Interactive Haiku on another of her journals.

I'm ferociously behind on my homework, so I'll wrap up this entry for now.

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using my torch! It's so neat going around and seeing where I find it. Fun way to find new journals to read. :-)
-B

Anonymous said...

Glad to do it, B. I like your torch the best of the ones I've seen, because it's animated and torchy, and specific to the AOL-J anniversary, and not too big.  Thanks for making it, and thanks for stopping by. - K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for spreading the J-Land anniversary spirit. I like Becky's torch too because of the very reasons you mentioned...and because I know the designer  :)

Vivian