Thursday, July 29, 2004

Five Things That Dogs Are Telling You


Weekend Assignment #17: Through some unexplained miracle, your pet or pets gain the mental capacity for speech for exactly the length of a single sentence. What do you think that sentence would be and why?

"Give me what I want!"

What Tuffy wants is obvious - a scratching, gobs of meat, air conditioning and freedom at the same time (we only have single-room a/c) , to go to the "other" outside where it's not raining, or reassurance after a sudden noise. She doesn't need to talk, really, because she gets her message across just fine.

Extra Credit  You get one question to ask your pet that (presumably) it would answer. What's the question?

"What can I do to convince you to eat your dog food?"

reprinted from Karen's Credos & Curios:

Five Things That Dogs Are Telling You
1.  Don't forget the dog.
2.  More, please.
3.  Don't hurt me; I'm only a puppy.
4.  I'd really rather not do that.
5.  Hey! Intruder alert!

Noodle (the trouble dog)

1985-2001

Photo by J Blocher


Tuffy Toro (born 1996)

Photo by J Blocher



Karen.


P.S. Two more Tuffy pictures added by popular demand!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cat used to ask me about the "other" outside too.  It was mostly during the winter when it was cold.  He just didn't understand why I couldn't manage it.

Sara

Anonymous said...

My cat's sentence:
"I want to make sure it is perfectly understood that I am the most important thing in your world."

Anonymous said...

Tuffy is a cutie! -B

Anonymous said...

Very cute

Danielle

Anonymous said...

My Charlie looks at me discustedly when I haven't arranged for a sunny day for her. I say I'm sorry and she says then do something about it! lol

Anonymous said...

I think I would give Tuffy what she wanted, lol! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink