Friday, July 9, 2004

More for Scalzi and Mumsy, and If Mâvarinû Wrote Haiku


A Few More for Scalzi and Mumsy:

Pumpkin anything!
Strange that I should crave foods with
Jack O' Lantern eyes.

Cold comfort food soothes
Hunger, stomach pain and stress:
Ice cream first; then guilt.

Dolley Madison
Would be astonished to learn
About her snack cakes.


If Mâvarinû Wrote Haiku - Haiku from the land of Mâvarin:

a tengremIf Mâvarinû
Wrote haiku, Fayubi would
Have three-line insights.

By the River stands
A monster, furred and fearsome;
Inside: confused boy.

Muddy water hides
Sandy bottom, swords, secrets,
But no missing friend.
.
Cool, sweet grass, wild smells.
A rabbit's near! Run it down!
Feral tengrem snack.



Cathma (Crel)
Large house, three stables
Do not teach twins to assume
Rule of
Mâvarin.

In the Infinite
This world and the Afterworld
Are linked by spirit.

There she is. My face
Hovers over empty plate,
But I did not eat.


 

Art by Sherlock.
More about Mâvarin books and characters: www.mavarin.com

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

au contraire--
I rather like your snack-ku!

thanks ever for the link here and for that rainbow.... which is in a long line waiting to get posted.  all this celebration stuff (oh, and my semi-real life...) keep me from doing as much as I'd like.

but don't give up-- i'll get it in some time!