Monday, October 24, 2005

Halloween Previews

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Halloween is just a week away! Display your current decorations and preparations, or show off a favorite from years past. Pumpkins, holiday cards, decorations from Halloween parties and porch displays -- it's all good.

Gee, John!  Spoil our fun, why doncha?  This Wednesday, October  26th, is the day of the newest Round Robin Photo Challenge, and the  theme is "Halloween Happenings!"  So now I have to figure out which photos are of preparations and decorastions, and which are of "happenings."  What to do, what to do...!

Well, I have to admit that Halloween is too much fun to be exclusive about.  It's a great blogging subject.  Why, I spent almost all of October 2004 blogging about Halloween, and graveyards, and costumes, and coffins, and treats, and decorations, and death, death, death.  And no, I was neither a Goth nor particularly depressed!

Okay, then, just for you, John, here are two bags of Sunday's Halloween purchases:
 Halloween treats - inedible ones.

This is the stuff that will be given away to trick-or-treaters, aside from a bit of candy.  There are spider rings and Martian fingers in here, compasses and spyglasses, snakes and lizards, whistles and vampire fangs, stickers and trading cards and more.

Here's another view of the same bag, Monday night:

Halloween treats - inedible ones.

And now we're on to the other bag:

why does she need that stuff for Halloween?

Cool, huh?  This stuff isn't necessarily to be given away.  And that's all I'm saying for now about the contents of this bag.


The rest of the Halloween pictures can wait for Tuesday night - after midnight, of course!

Karen

(I know the first two photos I posted here had captions this morning, but tonight they didn't.  I had to retype them from memory.  Weird.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen
I love it!  A great way to show the items and still have them be a suprise for the Round Robin Challenge.  Clever!
Sam

Anonymous said...

These are FUN pictures! You're way too organized...I Hate You!
(Seriously, you know I don't:))
I have so many ideas rolling through my scary brain that I have a feeling that I'll never get around to any of them! My mind is regurgitating every scary picture, story, candy and costume I've ever been exposed to, and the results are giving me a bad case of uh...uh... diarhea!
Where'd ya git those treasure maps, my fetching pretty?
Now look what's happened... I'm mingling red neck verbage with Key West fiesta banter.
Don't ever move to Florida!
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

Clapping!  Congrats on your Vivi nomination!