Thursday, September 23, 2004

Faire Warning

 Come to the Faire
I'm supposed to be the town cryer!

You probably won't see much of me online for the next few days because of the English Faire at St. Michael's and All Angels Episcopal Church here in Tucson. I'm supposed to be the town cryer for Oxford, which means, in effect, that I'll be hauling and selling books Friday evening and most of Saturday.

The Faire begins Friday evening with fish and chips at the Dirty Duck Pub, and a concert by Nancy McCallion Band. She used to be with the Mollys, a well-known local band I never got around to seeing. I won't be at this concert, either, because I'll be setting up books and, I hope, getting most of my mom's remaining furniture hauled out of my front room over to the St. Michael's school gym for the rummage sale.

Saturday's the main event, with all the sales and jumping castle and high tea and pipe organ demonstration and raffles and stuff. If you live in Tucson, you may want to check it out. Or not. If you're feeling really charitable, hungry for cheap books to read, or just want to see what I look like without a costume, you can come see me over in the gym. Proceeds benefit Habitat for Humanity Tucson.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Musings.

Karen

St. Michael's & All Angels web site
St. Michael's blog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope ye have fun at yon faire! :-)