Friday, September 10, 2004

Multi-Journal Blogging (and Polling) Fun

Since I griped about Blogger the other day, each of the three blogging / journaling providers I use has had at least one glitch or outage.  That's all right. Other than the Blogger one I originally griped about, none of them lasted long.

One of the things I've done since then is upgrade and update my LiveJournal, er, journal, Mavarin and Other Inspirations. I changed the layout and the colors, added more photos and a short list of links, and discovered the polls function available to paid accounts. (Basic LJ accounts are free, and paid ones are cheap.)

I posted my first poll late last night:

1. How do you feel about Internet-based polls?
     a. I actively avoid them.

     b. I can take 'em or leave 'em

     c. I might respond to one if I'm interested in the subject matter
     d. I usually respond, especially if the pollster is someone I know
     e. I never pass up a chance to offer an opinion!


2. Which of the following kinds of music do you despise the most or like the least?

    
a. Rap, Hip-Hop, or whatever it's called this week
     b. Grand opera
     c. Elevator music versions of rock songs

     d. Really twangy country music

     e. Everything is beautiful in its own way


3.What are you supposed to be doing right now instead of this?
     a. Sleeping

     b. Homework or writing

     c. Working at the office

     d. Chores at home

     e. Petting the cat


4. If you could live in any of the following places, which would you choose?
     a. Right where I am now, except in a bigger house

     b. Another state

     c. England, preferably a version in which my favorite literary characters are real

     d. Another country, in the real world

    
e. A world of my own devising
 
5. Why?

     a. Why not?

     b. Because.

     c. Z

     d. I could write pages and pages in answer to this.

     e. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.


Checking the boxes in the LiveJournal posting of this poll only works if you have a LiveJournal account. You can get one for free if you want. Alternatively you can comment in LJ or below with your choices, or email them to me. (Obviously, it's more fun if the responses are in the poll applet itself.) I'll compile the results manually and report them in LJ next Thursday after class. If I get a good response I'll do more of these, maybe with fill-in-the-blank options instead of just multiple choice.  The next one will probably be about sf tv.

Have fun!

Karen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really like the notion of fill-in-the-blank, regardless of how fun the multiple choice options are.  Thus
1)  I'm here, ain't I?
2)  loud
3)  designing next semester's syllabi, but perhaps I should finish this semester's?
4)  in the real world, period
5)  true

~~mumsy

Anonymous said...

You're such a maverick, Mumsy! Do your students get to break the rules, too?  If so, can I be in your class? (Answers logged and noted.  Thanks!) - Karen