Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Two Quick Notes

 Quick Note #1:

To: AOL-J Programmers (not that you're likely to see this!)
From: Karen (one of probably thousands of Karens who maintain AOL Journals)
Subject: AOL-J Comments Wish List

Could you please add the following capabilities to AOL-J comments as part of your next upgrade?

1. HTML-friendly text. Comments on other blogging sites allow the use of HTML to designate italics, links and so on. This would be a very useful feature for AOL Journalers as well.

2. Comments edit and delete functions for use by the person posting that comment. LiveJournal users can't edit their own comments, but they can delete them and start over. Even that much would be helpful to someone like me, who inevitably sees typos the moment the Save button has been clicked.

3. A clickable header optionally linking to the commenter's journal.  Some non-AOL blogs have a place on the form for typing in the URL of the commenter's journal.  Wouldn't that be nice to have here on AOL?

Thanks!

Karen

********

No, I'm not mailing the binders. sorry. Quick Note #2

To: Beta Readers
From: Karen (you know who I am)
Subject: The Printouts

Please see my latest LJ entry for an update on the stuff I'm about to send you.  Thanks!

Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing to do if you want to suggest ideas to AOL is to send them to Keyword: Tell Us. Not that they'll listen, of course, but I've sent my ideas for improvements to journals there. :)

Anonymous said...

Here Hear (lol) on the Comments Wish List!! Perfect suggestions. [as I scan back over this comment looking for typos...]

Anonymous said...

Those are great!  And you must be psychic snce they've implemented one of them!  WTG  :)
My biggest wish (for now) would be a way to use TAB to indent a line.  Right now I open a new Text Document, hit tab once or twice, and cut and paste it into my entry.  Definitely a PITA.