Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Cubicle, Camera, Click, Car

 1. Tonight's Unedifying Update: Is This My Cubicle?

I was at my soon-to-be employer's building today, filling out paperwork online, including the W-4 (federal withholding) and A-4 (Arizona withholding) and printing the I-9 (proof of citizenship/identity/eligibility).  It took a long time, for reasons that I won't explain except to say that it mostly wasn't my fault.  Chances are good that the cubicle I used will soon be my cubicle.  I had never been in a cubicle before, but it's almost as big as my current office.  Almost.

2.  Camera · Clicks

On the southeast corner of Broadway and Wilmot is Jim Click Ford.  Jim Click is one of the biggest and most famous of the local car dealers.  The southwest corner of that same intersection used to feature one small building and a lot of overflow cars.  Drivers used to constantly have to watch out for car salesmen jaywalking across Wilmot between the two lots.

Well, last year they tore down the little shack of a building, moved the cars off the southwest lot and put up a chain link fence.  It was that way for a while, but this year they've been building.  First they put up a bunch of lights, and now they're putting the finishing touches on a new building.  The signs just went up on the building over the last couple of weeks.  I imagine it will be ready to open by early summer.

So, continuing with last night's construction theme, here are some pictures of that corner.  The first is a sunset picture from March, featuring the light poles.  The last three are from tonight, and the second one is from some time in between.  Too bad I didn't take pictures earlier in the process, but who would think of photographing an empty lot?


Sunset over the Jim Click parking lot

Sunset, 3/25/05

Sunset over the Jim Click parking lot

Sunset, 3/26/05

May 9th

May 9th

May 10th

May 10th

May 10th

May 10th


3.  Birdie Comes to Mavarin - Or Vice Versa

I've decided to call my Eagle Vision "Birdie," because it seemed derogatory to call it "Skwok," even as a reference to King Jor's clever parrot.  Well, anyway, Birdie got her tags today, finally.  I spent about half an hour scraping old stickers of my Mavarin plate, put on the new ones - this time not partly covering the N in MAVARIN - and put it on the car.  Here's the picture.  Ah, that's better!  Now she's really my car!

 The Eagle with the Mavarin plate

The Eagle invites you to the country in my mind.

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what's the deal with Jim Click? Is he moving across the street? Or is this just a new location in addition?