Thursday, November 4, 2004

Getting Better


I feel better today. I don't know whether it was dinner at Great China Super Buffet, six and a half hours of sleep, the purchase of an external floppy drive instead of giving up my laptop for a week of expensive repair, or just the passage of time; but I feel better.

We've already survived nearly four years of the George W. Bush presidency. We'll get through the next four years, too. We may be able to get a few things done that nearly everyone more-or-less agrees with. It's not terribly likely, but it could happen. The more radical stuff isn't likely to get through, given this 51-49 country in which we find ourselves.

I haven't really come up with anything terribly interesting to say yet for today's posting, but I did want to say that much. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, take a look at some of the other blogs listed to the right. Today I would especially direct your attention to some of my current favorites:Aurora Walking Vacation, Jersey Girl, and a featured journal this week,Confessions of a Madman. Enjoy their wonderful words and pictures, and we'll meet back here later. You may also want to take a peek at a semi-religious arts blog I'm moderating for St. Michael's. Or not. I'm not sure anyone but me has actually looked at that one yet.

Busy. Back soon.

Karen

Photo by KFB

P.S. I just discovered that I messed up the link above for the St. Michael's and All Angels Arts blog (smaaarts.blogspot.com). I've fixed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you feel better.  I like the way you did the background.  Very clever.  I'm such a computer idiot.  I can barely figure out how to put up photos, let alone music or a cool background such as this!  Thanks for the mention, I'm a little short of words myself, thus the lack of new entry at the moment.  
~JerseyGirl