Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Holiday Trivia #79-80

I'm skipping the Kwanzaa tonight, but I'll try to have a good question about it for tomorrow.


Question Seventy-Nine: On the fourth day of Christmas, what did my true love give to me, according to older versions of the song?
    a) four cooly birds
    b) four colly birds
    c) four collie birds
    d) four collared birds


Question Eighty: What is represented by the four calling birds (or whatever), according to a discredited legend about The 12 Days of Christmas being a secret Catholic catechism?
    a) four girlfriends
    b) four gospels
    c) four blackbirds
    d) four outlawed sacraments


Karen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

78. B
79. B

Anonymous said...

I don't know the answer to either of these but that's not going to stop me from replying!

78. d? We had a family discussion on Christmas Eve on whether a "calling bird" was actually a species of bird. It turned into us all wondering why everything is doing something in the song (sometimes even "a-doing" something) except for the partridge, the turtle doves, and the gold rings.

79. Hmmmmm. . . b?


Anonymous said...

78-B

79-B